As a mother of two, our Founder and Creative Director, Ceci Johnson, knows all too well the up's and down's that come with pregnancy. As a full-time entrepreneur and creative, she always managed to maintain her sense of style while being practical and comfortable. Below, she's curated a list of the products she couldn't live without, and added a few more she wish she would have had. Who says that motherhood can't look fashionable and chic?
"Being pregnant, while magical and special, doesn’t always have you feeling your best. So I’ve put together the top ten items that have helped me stay sophisticated, stylish, and satisfied (hint: bagels + self care!) through it all – even swollen ankles!" Xx Ceci
THE STYLE EDIT: PREGNANCY PICKS
1. Small Prada Galleria Saffiano Leather Bag: What more can I say about a classic handbag? When you don’t feel good about anything in your closet, feel good and know that a handbag always fits… right, ladies? Plus, this Prada bag is roomy enough for snacks, water and more while adding that extra polish to your style.
2. Mama Must-Haves Kit: I found that a little self-care goes a long way. This kit from Hatch adds the perfect touch to your current routine, with Belly Oil for top-to-toe nourishing hydration, Nipple + Lip for lip care now (and nursing protection later), and Down, Girl (my favorite!) to give your swollen feet and legs some much-needed relief. All made with natural ingredients (after all, clean beauty is the best beauty)!
3. Enza Costa Rib Tank Dress: This dress is a lifesaver! When nothing fits and everything seems to cut you in all the wrong places, this dress hugs your bump perfectly and grows as you grow. Pair with a blazer for work or a fun scarf for a night out… Definitely worth the investment!
4. Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain: The theme here is all about distracting from the areas you’re not feeling too comfortable with. A bold lip makes a great statement and instantly draws attention away from swollen ankles and puffy joints. This YSL is one of my favorites and lasts forever!
5. Hatch-To-Hospital Box: Take the guesswork out of packing, and relax knowing you have all the hospital essentials ready to stay cozy and pampered during this magical time. Little luxuries to celebrate life's biggest moments, and that's what I am all about!
6. Slip Silk Scrunchies: An everyday essential, featuring mulberry silk that combats damage and breakage. The best part? They stay in place, and don't slip an inch. Their arguably your new BFF running to and from all of the appointments and juggling all of your "to-do's"!
7. Full Heart Necklace: This necklace never comes off. It’s always close to my heart (literally!) as it bears my husband’s initial and son’s name. I can’t wait to add my baby girl’s to this and complete our family.
8. VivaNaturals Coconut Oil: Avoiding stretch marks means constant upkeep and hydration. Coconut oil is a natural, safe way to hydrate and protect your skin during all of the not-so-fun changes that happen during pregnancy. The sweet, island-like smell is a plus and will have you feeling like you’re on the beach in Jamaica (if only!).
9. The Foundation (Prenatal):I’m incredibly conscious of everything I consume (I am always thinking about what’s best for baby!). Sakara's Prenatal Vitamins are full of plant-based goodness. Each pack contains all the daily essentials like superfood multivitamins, probiotic blends, algae omega, macro minerals, and more.
Read Ask Ceci: Getting Creative With Your Baby Announcement for more inspiration as you share the news with friends and family.